Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hebron Women's Retreat-Passion, Personality and Power



One of the highlights for me each year for the past few years has been attending the Hebron Women's Retreat which is planned by the women of Kennesaw United Methodist Church for women of faith.  It's a fall weekend in the Georgia Mountains with a diverse group of women who come together to relax, worship and become energized. It is a time to leave behind the busyness of our everyday lives and focus on growing in our understanding of ourselves and our relationship with Christ.  I blogged about attending the first year that I went and I returned this year for the third time with great anticipation and excitement.  I wasn't disappointed. 

This year our theme was personality, power and passion.   


We were encouraged to understand the unique and special creation that we each were made to be and to celebrate that through several worship experiences and prayer stations.  I was privileged to speak on personality style which is my passion. Through accepting and celebrating our personality style we can learn to appreciate and work in our strengths.


We had a lot of fun too.  We ate a lot.  We gathered around a campfire to sing and make s'mores.


We played some ridiculous games...


We made new friends, renewed old friendships and left on Sunday renewed and revitalized.  Of course most of us left wishing the weekend was longer...

What do you do to renew and revitalize your relationship with God and with others?  Plan to join us next year.  You won't be disappointed!

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Psalm 139:14

1 comment:

  1. I'm recharging my batteries for the Lord here in the Nantahalas this week!
    Glad the retreat was so much fun and revitalizing for you, Lynne!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete