Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I'm Waiting.....

This is so amazing; I have to write about it! It is one of those God-incidences. One of the hardest things for me to do EVER, is to wait. I don’t have trouble with procrastination. I have trouble with giving ideas, events, situations, whatever, enough time to percolate and reach the appropriate point of action. I suppose this could be described as impulsive but I like to think of myself as decisive. If I’m in a group of people who can’t make up their mind where to eat for instance, I’ll suggest some choices but sooner rather than later, I’ll be picking something if no one else will step up to the plate (uh, no pun intended). You know you’ve been there right? Everyone is going, “Well what do you want to do?”, or “Anywhere is fine with me…” or “I don’t care”. This drives me crazy. I’d rather pick somewhere; run the risk of making a mistake and GET-ON-THE-ROAD than hang around discussing the possibilities.


Sometimes this approach is just what everyone needs but sometimes it isn’t. One of my goals for this year is to publish one of the children’s stories that I have written. It has definitely been an exercise in waiting. It took me FOREVER to find someone to illustrate the story, it took me FOREVER to realize I needed to self-publish the story and not waste my time sending it off to publishers and now it is taking FOEREVER to get it approved and in the production process. I am definitely getting impatient and I have to restrain myself from saying, “Just publish it as is! “ LET’S GET-ON-THE-ROAD AND GET ‘ER DONE! With this in mind, guess what the daily devotional was titled that I received today? God will not fulfill your dream immediately... I’M NOT MAKING THIS UP! It is as though Rick Warren is speaking directly to me when he says that you can expect a delay when you make the decision to follow the dream that God has placed on your heart. This, he says is to build faith. He points out that even Jesus waited for thirty years in the carpenter’s shop before setting out on his public ministry. Reading this was like putting the brakes on my emotions. Just as Jesus used that time in the carpenter shop to build his personal strength, convictions and faith, so the time I am spending waiting may be designed to prepare me for the road ahead as well. Instead of impatiently counting the days, maybe I need to consider how I can constructively use the time to prepare.

But these things I plan won't happen right away.  Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled.  If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass.  Just be patient!  They will not be overdue a single day!  Habakkuk 2:3

No comments:

Post a Comment