The Dreams of Conference Participants
This year proved to be one of the most exciting conferences yet as we listened to speakers, gave away books and other resources and shared our stories. Everyone had a story to tell of overcoming great odds; depression, negative mindset, difficult family situations, financial problems, lost jobs. Nevertheless there were plenty of dreams expressed. We had each participant write down their dream and drop it in a bowl as they came in. At lunch we read them and gave away inspiring books. Here are some samples of the dreams:
- Retire, travel the world, live at the beach
- Have a full time ministry of a children's ranch
- To have financial security
- To have a successful speaking and writing career
- Transition to my own business
- Write a devotional on Isaiah
- Be successful in selling and writing educational and fiction books for children
Three Essentials to Take the Next StepIn my presentation on, "Where Do I Go From Here? I shared the three essentials that you must have to take the next step and turn a dream into a reality. Here they are:
- Be a learner--It is so important to continue to learn through books, classes, online training and conferences. At the present time, I'm taking three classes; one at a local university and two coaching/training programs which I access online. As long as you are learning you are growing.
- Be a risk taker-- Just learning new things isn't enough. You have to take action. It doesn't have to be perfect. It doesn't even have to be big. Just a tiny step counts. But it takes action to achieve a dream. No one ever finds themselves in a new place by sitting still.
- Finally, find and join a supportive group. Nothing is harder than going it alone. For many dreamers, our co-workers, friends and family members don't have the same vision and don't offer support. It is necessary to find or create a supportive group. Here are some possibilities that the Called Woman offers:
- Join our Facebook page. You can comment and ask questions: www.facebook.com/thecalledwoman
- Join www.48days.net and in particular our Called Woman Group. It's another great place to get support and advice.
- Join our Reinvent You Mastermind Group just starting up in April 2014. You will have three coaches devoted to making sure that you have the support and information you need to achieve your dream. You can read all about it and sign up on our website here: www.acalledwoman.com
Do you have a dream? What is your next step? How can I help you achieve it?
Like this post? Please share on Facebook and Twitter!