With that in mind and in the spirit of the Thanksgiving season, I decided to write my list of the top ten people in my life that I am thankful for. Here it goes:
10. Dave Ramsey, Dan Miller, Andy Stanley, Kent Julian and other public figures who have devoted their lives to making a difference in a positive way and who have truly made a difference in mine.
9. My co-workers at Sixes Elementary. I am blessed to work in a supportive caring school where we all consider each other family. We support each other in hard times and celebrate with each other in happy times.
8. My church family at Kennesaw United Methodist Church. I have belonged to the same chuch for over 24 years and in that length of time I have made a a lot of friends. These are all people who celebrate with me in good times and who wrap their arms around me in the bad times. I am eternally thankful.
7. My Thursday 'Love Ya Like A Sista' group. We get together to share in a Bible study once a week, we vacation together, we socialize together, we support each other. We love each other like sisters.
6. My close girlfriends, Valerie, Barbara and Ellen who know me so well and love me anyway. You are the best.
5. My grandfather. He was the first writer that I knew. I am so grateful that he recognized my talent and encouraged me to develop it.
4. My sister and brothers. There is a special bond between siblings and I will always cherish this.
3. My Mom and Dad. The older I get, the more I appreciate the support, the encouragement, the sacrifices, the constructive criticism and the love that you shared to make me who I am today.
2. My daughters and my son-in-love. It's amazing the depth of love a parent can have for a child. I am so honored and privileged to be a part of their lives.
1. My God who loved me before I even knew Him and who sought me out.
What about you? What if during this season of thanks, you recognized those to whom you are most grateful for in your life? Who would that be?