Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Are You Feeling Bald?

Let's Talk About FeelingsImage via WikipediaYou gotta love kids.  I was recently teaching a class on feelings and the book I was reading had the line in it... "Are you feeling bold?".  I've learned never to assume that children know what I am talking about, so I stopped and asked the kindergarten class if they knew what bold meant.  Being five and six year olds they of course did.  The child I called on confidently replied "You know, it's when you have no hair."

I thought about this story as I worked on my yearly goals.  A couple of them involve stepping way out of my comfort zone and I'm having a hard time getting past that.  What concerns me?  Failure and rejection to name a few DEVASTATING  feelings. Certainly is hard to quiet that negative voice inside, isn't it?  What does it take to make a difference in the world though?  Taking a calculated risk?  Sailing in new seas?  Feeling bald...I mean bold?

No comments:

Post a Comment