Monday, June 14, 2010

What Do Breadmachines and Life Have In Common?

Ever made a mistake at something and thought that you figured out what went wrong?  Then you tried it again expecting perfect results and.....voila!  TOTAL DISASTER!  This has been my experience for the past two weeks as I tried my hand at making bread in my breadmaker machine.  I couldn't figure out why my bread wasn't rising properly until I realized I was using self-rising flour thinking that it was bread flour.  So this morning, I opened a new bag of bread flour, followed the recipe carefully and visualized the awesome bread I would soon be buttering and eating.  Here's the end result:

It didn't look like a loaf of bread but more like a dough bomb had dropped in my breadmaker. It took me 5 minutes just to chisel it out of the machine. Here's another shot:




So, I got to thinking about how life is a lot like my experience with the bread machine.  Just when you think you have the problem solved, you find out that you gotta keep on looking for another way.  Don't worry, I'm not giving up on this...I know I can make it work.  I am however taking suggestions.....


The way to succeed is to double your failure rate.  Thomas Watson, founder of IBM


No comments:

Post a Comment