Thursday, February 20, 2014

What Are You Waiting For?



It happens to me almost every time that I present at a conference.  A couple of weeks ago, I finished my presentation (this time it was on blogging and how to get started) and someone comes up to me afterwards and with a very wistful look in their eyes says, "You know, I've always wanted to write my story, but..."  Sometimes they tell me they just haven't found the time, or sometimes they tell me they are waiting until they get a job that isn't so demanding.  Maybe it's family responsibilities or financial issues that are holding them back. There is always something that has gotten in the way, but still they know that they have this story that is just busting to get out. I understand.  Really, I do.  I spent most of my life waiting just like that too.

What Are You Waiting For?

I used to believe that if I waited long enough, something would eventually happen that would clarify what I should do to turn the dream of writing and publishing a book into a reality. I thought the stars needed to align, my family needed to be happy and successful, my life peaceful and harmonious. Once all of that was in place, I expected someone to walk into my life and perhaps announce, "Any one here interested in writing?  Maybe you'd like to publish a book someday?  Well, follow me!"  Would it surprise you to know that never happened? 

Stop Waiting and Start Taking Action


My life changed when I quit waiting and instead I began aligning myself with powerful mentors, reading books, taking classes, attending conferences, joining network groups and participating in critique groups.  Did I do all of that at once?  No.  It has been a gradual process but one thing lead to another and today I rarely have a moment where I'm not learning more about the business of writing and teaching others about it as well.  Currently, I'm involved in two classes related to blogging and one coaching program all at the same time.  Oh, and I'm still working full-time.  Am I overwhelmed?  Of course.  Am I excited and encouraged?  Yes!

Are You Sharing Your Heartfelt Message? 

We all have a calling, a message, a story to share.  Maybe yours doesn't involve writing or teaching.  Maybe you have another gift that you aren't using.  But you know it's there, don't you?  Even if you  haven't unwrapped it in such a long time that you've almost forgotten it, you feel it stirring don't you?  Wouldn't you like to recover that dream and breathe life into it?  Aren't you tired of waiting? 

The Called Woman Network is designed to help women find their calling and reinvent their lives.  Sign up for the email list and receive regular inspirational messages designed to encourage and empower you. http://acalledwoman.com/

Sign up for the Called Woman 2014 Reinvention Convention on March 15th in Marietta, Georgia.  Spend a day discovering your calling and reinventing your life.  What are you waiting for?  http://acalledwoman.com/sign-up/

No comments:

Post a Comment