Saturday, March 31, 2012

It's HERE!! The Call: Perfect Dream, Imperfect Life Is Published!

December 25th I posted the beginning of writing my newest book, The Call:  Perfect Dream, Imperfect Life.  I got off to a bit of a rocky start but still managed to get a considerable amount of words down on the page in the first week.  By the end of January, I had finished or so I thought.  I began working on getting the cover designed, the layout and proofreading done and getting reviews and a forward written by author and mentor friends.  It was a huge undertaking, bigger than any book I've published before and my goal for completion was March 24th.  I was a week later than I had hoped but yesterday, March 30th, I picked up my first printing of the book.  What a thrill to be done!  What excitement to have the finished product in hand!

Just as I learned a lot from putting on the Called Woman Conference, I've learned a lot from publishing a book.  Here's a few things and yes, some of them are repeats from the conference:

  1. It always takes twice as long and costs three times as much as you anticipated.  Is this a life lesson or what?  While I tried hard to meet my original schedule, some things are hard to anticipate like how long it will take someone else to write a review.
  2. Use all the resources you can find! One of my greatest resources is www.48days.net   This is a network of thousands of people all interested in learning and growing.  Through the Write It Forward group at 48days.net,  I got great insight, recommendations for proofreaders, strategies for every aspect of the process and best of all, great support and encouragement.  
  3. Dream BIG--- Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway:  I was nervous about asking Dan Miller author of the book, 48 Days To The Work You Love to write a forward to my book even though I have been an active member of his community for several years now.  BUT, I asked and he DID!  And what a beautiful job he did too.  I am so grateful.
  4.  Share your insights with others!  The joy of creating is really complete when you can share with others.  Through the process of creating this book, I've been able to share my knowledge and experience with others who have the same dream.  This is as rewarding as publishing the book!
  5. The end is never really the end--it's all a journey.  Although the book is complete, I've now moved on to the next phase which is marketing the book.  After all, it was created to share a message.  The book is all about how to discover your passion and make it a reality as told through my story.  I so want others to experience the great joy of realizing a dream.
There it is.  From the first post, December 25th to March 30th, the story of a dream come true.  Want to purchase the book?  You will find it for sale HERE listed among my children's books.  Of course if you see me around, I always have a few in tow that you can purchase directly.

What about you?  Have you accomplished a lifelong dream?  What did you learn in the process?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Lynne! Can't wait to read your book!
    Will you have copies with you at church tomorrow? You know, it might be worth it to ask the church if you, and maybe Sara, too, could have a book signing and promotion held there one Sunday. You would certainly sell a lot of copies and spread the word.
    Catch me as we're setting up/breaking down tomorrow and I'll get a copy from you! :)
    Again, so proud of you!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!
    Unfortunately I didn't accomplish any dream yet, but I hope and pray I will. One of my dreams is to sing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nikky44--Accomplishing a dream is a journey. Simply beginning to identify the dream is a first step. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Martha--Hope you enjoy the book! Love to hear your feedback...

    ReplyDelete