- Adventure focuses on action rather than waiting for things to happen. Ask yourself, "What can I do today to move closer to my goals? to God's plan for my life? to create God's kingdom here on earth?
- Adventure opens our minds and our hearts to new possibilities. It opens our eyes to the miracles around us rather than the humdrum sameness that we take for granted.
- Adventure engages the other people in our lives in our plans and activities. It enriches and expands our relationships.
- Adventure overcomes timidity and fear of change through our perception. Think about moving from one community to another in terms of loss and saying good-bye. Now think of moving in terms of meeting new friends and having new experiences... see what I mean?
- Adventure provides challenge and keeps us interested and motivated. It energizes us and keeps us growing and learning.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming----Wow...What a Ride!
- Robert Wickman -