Monday, September 6, 2010

Mission Accomplished--My Story

My grandfather was a writer and as a young child not only did I love to write but I dreamed of growing up to be a writer much like him.  I wanted to live in the country just like he did, read books (another passion) and write.  It was a dream through much of my youth. I can remember relatives asking me what I wanted to be when I grew up and replying with confidence, "A writer".  

Somewhere, in the process of growing up and making  plans for my life which included getting married, having children, finding a job and making a living, I put that dream aside.  It didn't seem like a realistic way to pay bills and I let it go. In recent years, I have revived that dream.  Initially, I  began writing for the fun of it, but later, I began writing stories that I thought would be useful in the classrooms where I teach children problem solving skills.  Once I had the stories written, I wasn't sure what to do with them until I discovered Dan Miller and his Write To The Bank program.  I was thrilled and encouraged when I sent him a question about publishing children's books and he actually answered it on his weekly podcast!  I felt like a celebrity! I began setting specific goals and deadlines for publishing one of my children's books. 

It has been a long and challenging journey with many pitfalls and detours along the way but I have stayed the course and three days ago in the mail, I RECEIVED THE FIRST COPIES OF MY BOOK!  Excited and thrilled is an understatement of my feelings.  I will soon have copies you can order on my website dedicated to Wyatt the Wonder Dog, but it is currently available for purchase on Outskirts Press through their online bookstore or you can order it on Amazon.com.  Please check it out and if you purchase Wyatt The Wonder Dog: Learns About Good Manners, please write a review on the Amazon website.  I would love the feedback.

Here's the point of my story though, if I can accomplish my dream, SO CAN YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment