Thursday, July 22, 2010

Priorities, Procrastination and Power

You are the storyteller of your life and you can create your own legend or not. Isabel Allende


Do you have a dream? Is it something that you have denied for so long that you have forgotten what it is?

Do you have a dream? Have you listened to that voice that tells you that your dream is impossible, impractical or not important enough to put time and energy into?

Do you have a dream? Do you doubt your ability to achieve it? Or if you believe in yourself do you just not have any idea where to start?

God has given us all gifts to be used to his glory, but many of us discount those gifts, often without even knowing it. We discount them by not recognizing them as gifts. We discount them by not giving them top priority in our lives and we discount them by not recognizing the resources without and within to accomplish our dreams.

Ask yourself: What if I acknowledged the gifts God has given me? What if I made using that gift a top priority in my life? What if God has already made the power and the resources available to me to be successful?

His master replied, “Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!” Matthew 25:23

2 comments:

  1. Lynne--

    I think you ask wonderfully beautiful questions here. My question that most intrigues me when I ponder this post is why you chose to title it like you did. I would be very interested in what lead you to choose the title.

    Blessings--
    Emily
    (A pastor who struggles more over her sermon titles than her sermons most weeks!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I gave it a lot of thought. i liked all those words starting with the letter P and it just summed up what I've been thinking about. Hey, I'd like to come up with sermon titles, just not the sermon...

    ReplyDelete