Friday, November 27, 2009

Advertising God





When my daughter was about three years old, we had her and her new baby sister baptized at our church. Upon returning home, she announced to her grandmother, "Today I got advertised!"

Although we all laughed at her interpretation of the event, I had to think there was some truth to her statement. Baptism is a public announcement of an individual's relationship with God. It is one of the many ways that we acknowledge God's presence and blessings in our lives. We should probably take her advice and daily "advertise" our relationship with God.

I am challenged every day to think of ways I could advertise God's presence. What could I do to assist a co-worker? How can I compliment someone feeling down? How can I encourage another? Share my resources? Provide support and inspiration? In James 2:18, we are reminded that faith without works is lifeless. But faith that extends itself and "advertises" God's gifts of life and love through good works is priceless. How can you advertise God's work in your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment