Saturday, September 18, 2010

Are You Feeling Ecstatic?

Everything EcstaticImage via Wikipedia This past week I was teaching a first grade class and talking about feelings and feeling words.  I asked the children to name some feeling words and I got the ones that I usually do:  feeling bad, feeling good, happy, sad, mad, scared, really good, really, really good, etc.  Then I called on one little girl whose feeling word was--- ecstatic.  I was stopped short in my lesson.  Did she know what it meant?  She most certainly did, it means, "really really excited".  I was impressed to say the least.

I've been talking in recent posts about discovering your mission in life and centering your goals in life around that mission.  Here's something I may not have mentioned.  When you review your mission statement and when you identify your goals, do you feel ecstatic?  When you get up in the morning and determine what aspect of your goals that you are going to work on that day, do you get really really excited?  If you do, then this is a good indication that you have found the true north for your life.  If you dread your 'work' whether that refers to your job or your goals and can't wait until you get to the weekend so you can do what you really want to do... well then you need to revisit that mission statement and those goals.  Like my little first grade friend, you should be feeling ecstatic about your mission!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment